Sunday, March 11, 2018

SPAM..........

not the meat, but the annoying messages from people with nothing else better to do than promote all sorts of crazy things........

I moderate all my messages, as I know for a fact as soon as I switch off the moderate button, I will be inundated with crazy messages.

At the moment they are coming in fast and furious.  No idea if Blogger is trying to stop them, but I hate them.

If you have a blog do you moderate your comments all the time due to SPAM?

By the way the pattern for the little birdies was in this magazine:

Someone was asking..........

6 comments:

50 and counting said...

I'm going to knit several from the booklet for my DIL who is a taxidermist. (Don't ask, I have no idea why she chose that profession)

I do wish the magazine publisher would change the size of the gift needles. I know that sounds ungrateful, but we are paying for them in the purchase price and how many 4.5mm sets can one knitter use? I've given duplicates to my DIL and a coworker and the 4.5s keep coming.

William Kendall said...

My spam filters catch almost all of them, and place them automatically in the junk comments folder, but every once in awhile one gets through.

And I check spam comments anyway, because on occasion a regular comment ends up there when it should not.

Iris said...

It must be happening a lot right now. Another blogger has commented on it and a second one has closed her blog down to invited guests only. So sad.

I had to laugh about the post that showed the content of a child's purse. It's almost like looking inside the Queen's handbag. Although, I don't think that she has a pair of socks in hers!

Winifred said...

Have to say I haven't had any spam for ages now thankfully.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I have an anti spam plugin that takes care of things like that, and have the settings quite high with banned words, no links, legit emails, etc and it works perfectly. I also don’t use blogger.

Rose said...

I usually moderate comments that are on posts 3 or 4 days and older...usually works pretty good. Every now and then I get spam. Seems like I will get several and then go for months that I don't get any.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...