Friday, March 9, 2018

Fast and easy Easter Gift

Well it's fast and easy now that I have altered the pattern 😏

I picked up this magazine on the weekend.

The reason I picked it up was for the little finger puppets in the bottom left of the photo:
They looked cute and I thought the two birdies would be great as a little gift to put into the kids' Easter bags.  So I knit the first one and this is how it turned out:

Even on my fingers it was big.  Now granted I was using a slightly different gauge yarn, but when I did knit one in the right gauge yarn it still was big.  The one on the right is the right gauge yarn.  So I knew I was going to have to alter the pattern so it wasn't too bit for little fingers.  You can see my first small finger puppet in the photo below.

I ended up casting on 14 stitches instead of the 24 and knitting 14 rows instead of 24 rows.  I used Patons Canadiana yarn.
The beak was 4 rows by 4 rows.

Although a bit fiddly they have turned out super cute.
The extra large pair I am keeping so when I Facetime the grand kids we can do the nursery rhyme together.  I still have a couple more pairs to knit, but they knit up in no time flat.

Now the nursery rhyme these are for is:

Two Little Dicky Birds:

Two little dicky birds, sitting on a wall.
One called Peter, one called Paul.
Fly away Peter, fly away Paul.
Come back Peter, come back Paul.


5 comments:

Joy said...

So cute!
J x

Rachel said...

Really cute!

William Kendall said...

They are cute!

mamasmercantile said...

They are indeed cute, such a great gift. The bigger ones might make good egg cosies.

50 and counting said...

One of my favourite magazines! I love the freebies that come with it.

Congratulations on knitting something I would find too fiddly.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...