Wednesday, March 8, 2017

(Insert rolling eyes emoji here!)

After doing more painting I popped out to run a couple of errands.

I went to Michael's, arts and crafts store to pick up some items for the little ones for Easter.  Went to pay for everything and I gave the cashier a 50% off coupon, which she used and then she applied a 10% discount.  Now being the honest person I am I asked her why she did that. 

Her reply," it's a discount when you are 55 or older."

My face much have been a picture, as she then said:

"You are 55 or close to it aren't you?"

I said yes, and paid for everything and walked out of the store rolling my eyes.........I have just dyed my hair for heavens sake.........I will be 53 next week, so I guess I am close.

Went to Chapters the book store after that and there was a guy in his low 30's in the store with a little fluff ball of a dog.  Got a little  closer to them and the dog had a harness on and it said service dog and in red words "IN TRAINING."

He was in front of me at the check out, so I said to him, "he's a cute little guy (the dog) what is he training to be?"

His response was that it's his service dog and the dog's training will be done when they have some certain test done.  Wasn't sure what to say after that, I just assumed that as the dog was "in training," it wouldn't have been assigned it's final owner, but I guess not.

The harness on the dog also had PTSD on it, so I guess the owner has been diagnosed with PTSD.

As my dh said the poor guy was probably curled up in a corner now having a relapse after dealing with me!!  Again I just rolled my eyes.........

Busy day for me, with all that eye rolling!!!😉

13 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

Ouch, that hurts. I had a friend who was given a pensioner's discount at a DIY store at the age of 40. (He had grey hair common to those with Irish heritage.)I'm guessing the assistant at Michael's was very young.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hmm...yes, being offered a "sr." discount when you are not a senior is a special kind of annoying. It happened to me once in my local Kroger store. I went in on a Wednesday which was Senior Citizen discount day and the woman checking me out gave me the discount. I asked her why and she said it was senior discount day. I mentioned that I wasn't a senior citizen, just prematurely gray. She got huffy and said that maybe I should dye my hair like hers -- she sported a long, severely dyed black mane. I said that my hair was my business. She asked me my age and I told her -- 42. She looked a little sheepish, I never went into that store on a Wednesday again and yes, my reference to her mane has meaning -- she looked just like a horse! I shouldn't have been so put out with her, she wasn't very bright or tactful and she did pass away just a few years later but she was very condescending! And yes, she was several years my junior but you wouldn't have known it.

One Family said...

well, guess you are officially old now. Start taking advantage of that extra discount! LOL.

William Kendall said...

I think unlike seeing eye dogs or hearing dogs, other service dogs like one for a PTSD individual would require time with their person before being fully certified.

Betsy said...

When I was in my teens, everyone thought I was in my 20's. I kind of liked that. Now that I'm in my mid 50's it's not so fun anymore. I didn't know Michaels had that 55+ discount. I'll have to ask for it! :-). I think that here in the USA there are so many with PTSD. Very sad.
Blessings,
Betsy

barbara woods said...

You see so much just by going to run errands. this world is full of all different kinds of people

Winifred said...

Well as my Mam used to say refuse nothing but blows Gill. Not a bad discount that!

angela said...

Oops. Yes. I would of been eye rolling as well
This is why I stay home as much as possible. It's too peopley outside lol

Jackie said...

You got a great discount.

I seem to be doing a great deal more eye rolling lately as well. Mostly over what my husband says to me. I think we may have cabin fever.

God bless.

Kaisievic said...

lol! At least you were given a great discount and I think that you were very nice to the PSTD guy.

Jane said...

I'll take all the senior discounts I can get! Problem is, stores have so many different cut-off ages that I can never keep them straight. I'm 60 but I consider age 65 to be the senior age. So, I''m always happy when I get a discount somewhere.

Rose said...

Oh, I bet you are worn out from all that eye-rolling. When Roger was about 45 or so, he stopped one more for a Hardee's breakfast biscuit, and the guy ask him if he wanted the senior discount...he told him he wasn't quite that old. If I would have been him I would have said yes, paid, and then went on.

flowerpower said...

They do that all the time here in Florida no mater what age you look like it is a habit with clerks in case they forget to give a discount. The puppy is probably with the end owner to make sure it is a good fit and now they both go to class until it is deemed time to test dog to be certified it a common practice.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...