Monday, March 13, 2017

I don't remember how long it's been since

I have done any sewing.  It seems forever.  

I bought a pattern (pdf format)from Thread Riding Hood  to make a child's skirt out of two fat quarters of material.  Both N's are into wearing dresses and skirts at the moment so I thought I would make a skirt each for them.




The pattern is so easy to follow and she gives you step by step instructions.  I did not use fat quarters as I had other material available.  Can't wait to give them to the girls.


As I liked this pattern so much I think I will have a look through her other patterns here and see what they have.

12 comments:

Out My window said...

Too cute. I have grandsons but would love to sew for grand daughters.

T'Pol said...

Mom used to make this type of skirts for my sister when she was little. They are so cute!

angela said...

They look fantastic. Well done granny xxx

Evelyn said...

nice!

One Family said...

Those are adorable! Good job :)

Linda said...

Cute patterns. I sew from time to time, I think the last thing besides a few repairs was the towel apron I made.

Jane said...

Very cute and they do look pretty easy.

Anne in the kitchen said...

What cute skirts for lucky grands!

William Kendall said...

Nicely done!

I can manage to sew a button if needed, but that's about it.

Betsy said...

These are SO cute. I'm sure they'll be well loved by your granddaughters.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jenn Jilks said...

Such fun! I made similar skirts for my grandies! I made them two each!

Rose said...

They are so cute....take a pic of the girls in them when you give them to them. Also, have you seen how they take just a simple t-shirt or tank top and make it into a dress? Like the one I did here? I think you can find videos on you tube...I just cut the tank top off, and cut fabric to length and gathered it...am betting the hem is did the same way you did that skirt.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...