Friday, October 11, 2013

More on the painting situation......

I finished painting the door inside of the mud room.

Before:

After:
 I am going to do more in the mudroom just wanted to get the door painted.  It's already brightened the place by just painting the door white.  By the way it's sealed shut so we don't use it.

The ladder I use for painting is probably nearly as old as me, I got it from my mam and dad as it was theirs.  The bottom step is not safe but whatever.
 It is a wooden one but it's hard to see the wood for the paint!
While I am painting I love listening to music and listen to Galaxie on channel 905 (Bell tv) Jukebox Oldies.  Today (Friday) I have to paint the walls again in the family room.  It's a cream colour and although I love the colour not 100% sure it suits this room.  I will post photos tomorrow.  Put it this way we are going to have to live with the colour as I am not repainting everything again.

Then just to add to everything, guess who has now got the "man flu."  Yep, I am now down with it despite avoiding dh like the plague!!! {{{SIGH}}}  A good thing though the good weather is holding so we can have all the windows and doors open while I am painting.

7 comments:

Boopnut said...

Looks like a good job! Hope you don't get the flu! MY husband gets upset when I tell him he is such a baby when he is sick (aren't men babies?).
Deb

Anonymous said...

It is such a beautiful door.... How come you don't use it? Bess

Jane and Chris said...

We (I) have finally decided on colours for most of the rooms.That's a start, isn't it?
Jane x

~Carla~ said...

Looks great!! :) Much brighter!

Sandi McBride said...

I love the Parson's bench. How will you use it now? Can the door be unsealed to use? Is there a reason it isn't (like a sudden steep fall out the door)? Pardon my nosiness....it is just all coming together and can't wait for the finished product lol
Sandi

bonsaimum said...

The door looks great. Hope you get over the flu quickly. :)

Rose said...

We have this dang flu/cold thing...I have had it for a week now...I don't feel horrible any more, but sure don't have any pep. Been sitting here playing with Lorelei and trying to catch up on your blog...you have been so busy.

Hope you get over this flu soon...

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...