Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A bit of this, and a bit of that........

Just got an email with my latest $5 e-card for Amazon, from Swagbucks.  That's $110 I have deposited in that account, and as of 5pm on Tuesday I only need another 45 swagbucks before I get my next one, so that should happen probably late Wednesday early Thursday.  I average between $10 and $15 a month getting Amazon e-cards.  I am saving them up, not sure for what yet though.

I have mentioned before we live reasonably close to a cattle operation, I think they have up to 3,000 cattle there.  Well on Tuesday I must say the smell was worse than normal.  So as they collect the manure in tanks, I am guessing they were cleaning them out, gosh it stunk.

I went out Tuesday afternoon to town.  I had some books to donate to the library.  Wanted to pick up some trim for the closet, yes dh is finally making a start on it, poor thing has been working crazy hours recently.  It was my quilt club, after this month only one more block to go.  Picked up this pattern from Fig Tree Quilts.

Had fish sticks/fingers, hash browns and Heinz Baked Beans for supper on Tuesday night.  I haven't bought fish sticks in ages.  It's one of those things we ate frequently when the kids were at home, but since they left home we never buy them.  Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoyed them. 

Had a cheese and tomato sandwich for my lunch on Tuesday with a tomato from the garden.  Funny thing is I am not a fan of ground pepper, but I adore it on tomatoes?  Not sure why?


So there you go a bit of this and a bit of that.

3 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Now you've made me hungry. I love lettuce and tomato sandwiches. Bacon, too. It's 3:00 AM. Not a good time to start frying bacon. I'd wake up Hubs. I'd certainly wake up DearDog. Maybe for breakfast?

Liz, The Republic

Rose said...

It is hard to find good ones here...we used to eat fish sticks/fillets fairly often when we were first married. They sound delicious right now.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I know about cattle we have some across the road grazing up the ones they haul to slaughter house those truck smell awful.

Coffee is on,

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...