Thursday, April 16, 2009

Busy couple of days........

First sorry for not being about these past couple of days.....thank goodness I have pre-done the recipe posts, as it gives me a day off from blogging!!!

Tuesday was a busy day, that included us going up to the new house for a final look and to measure up for bits and bobs. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it looked. It seems as though the woman has been cleaning the place up as she is packing. It still needs a good clean but its no where near as dirty as it was. There was a little snow left up there, but it is looking like Spring. Have to say I am getting pretty excited about moving there, and before you know it, it will be here.

On Wednesday I spent the morning doing errands, which included ordering the blinds for the bedrooms in the new house. Had to go to the post office (finally got the address situation sorted out) and submit the form, and was charged $70+ for that (including taxes), but that means for the next year if any mail comes addressed to our old address, Canada Post will forward it to our new address. I have to say it is worth every penny, as we have a lot of International Mail, especially near Christmas.

Then I had to go to the bank and get a money order, as we got the bill for this years pension contribution for the British Pension. The bank was super busy, which was strange, even the tellers were surprised at how busy it was.

I got a couple of address change letters done up ready for dh to sign and I'll mail out today. I also got more stuff packed up and cleaned out a couple of kitchen cupboards. I am finding it is easier to clean cupboards out as I clear them out.

We moved some things up from the basement into the garage that we are going to sell at the garage sale. Did a bit more prep for that as well.

Have to have a small whine...........it's bad enough that I have to watch Eastenders at either 12 noon or 4pm, as they have removed it from the 7:30pm time. Now because of the rotten NHL Hockey playoffs, they have moved Coronation Street from the regular 7pm slot, to 3:30pm, which of course I forgot about, so missed Wednesday's show. I suppose I should be grateful that they have moved it to the afternoon, as last year they only showed it on a Sunday, when it's an omnibus edition.

By the way I can't justify sitting for 2 1/2 hours watching Coronation Street on a Sunday morning. I could of course record the programme, but I would never watch it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you're getting a bit excited now!

GG

Clippy Mat said...

so that's where corrie went. there was i ready and wating last night at 7... and damn hockey again!!
doing the british pension thing too.
oh we have so much in common.
:-)

Ginnie said...

Lots of things going on to keep you busy. Hope the move goes well.

Erin said...

they charge to forward mail? geesh, they do it here and don't charge.

how did you finally get the addy situation straightened out? were the current owners of any help?

have a lovely day.

Decadent Housewife said...

70 bucks for an address change? - Wow - they used to do it free of charge - Wow.

Scrappy quilter said...

You must be getting excited. To know that you are getting closer to it all being done. Hugs and don't forget to take a few minutes for yourself.

DeniseinVA said...

Great idea about getting your mail forwarded for the next year, and I agree with you, worth every penny for the peace of mind. Good luck on the move, I'm really happy for you. I know you've got your work cut out for you as in any move, but it's exciting!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...