Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Busy weekend..........part 2

Just so you know I hate having my photo taken, I take a terrible photo. However as you asked here is a photo of me in my finery!!! Dh and ds wish to remain camera shy, so I have to respect their wishes.


As for the SPANX/magic knickers, I was glad to get the rotten things off. I'm not sure whether it was the fact we ate so late, bit they felt uncomfortable and very restricting. At least my wobbly bits didn't wobble.

So lets get to the funny story. There were 38 floors on the south tower of the hotel, and we were on the 31st floor. So we get on the elevator, and I move over to the left hand side and tell the lady by the buttons to press the 31 button. We go up in the elevator and it keeps stopping on various floors. No on either gets on or off, so finally I say "who on earth is pressing the buttons?" The people in the elevator all turn to me, and say, "it must be you!!" It turns out I was leaning against another bank of buttons, I didn't realize it. Ds said after we got off, he wondered why on earth I didn't press the button myself!!!

Later on we get on the elevator in all our fancy dancy clothing. This time I go to the back of the elevator well away from the buttons. Well the place is heaving as everyone was heading down for the dinner dance. So according to the plaque on the wall they hold 19 people, all I can say it must be 19 midgets. So it starts to fill up as we stop at various floors. As I am at the back I am getting squished, so I say don't let anyone else on, but still they do. I had to say with an insistent tone not to let anyone else on finally to stop people trying to squish in. By the way we must have had to wait 15 minutes to get on an elevator as they were that busy.

So when we come to leave on Sunday morning, it was bright and early, so not busy at all. So we get on at the 31st floor, and it goes down to the 27th, and picks someone up, who happened to be an accountant. So I start talking to him, when the elevator goes back up to the 34th floor. I am confused and say who pressed the 34th floor button, as no one got on. Dh says to me, well did you press the button to go to the main lobby, I say no, remember what happens when I press the buttons. Dh then proceeds to tell this poor accountant guy about me and elevators.

All I know is that I shouldn't be let loose in an elevator!!!

18 comments:

Rudee said...

You looked lovely for your event. I'm glad you made some new rocking chair memories with your elevator antics.

MyBulletinBoard said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound. You don't want a house with an elevator, do you? I'm trying to get over this cough, but I'm having fits coughing, tears running down my face as I read your adventure to my ds.

Rinkly Rimes said...

I'm pleased to be able to put a face and body to the name! Pleased to meet you!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing and I understand about not liking having your picture taken. Anyone point one at me I either run for the hills or freeze on the spot. Love the elevator story. Glad you had a good time Take care Fiona

Margaret's Ramblings said...

You look so stylish in all your finery. I just love that deep bronzy colour. You will have to make sure the outfit has another outing and doesn't just hide in the back of the wardrobe, LOL, Margaret

Twisted Fencepost said...

My, you really look nice all spiffeyed up!!
You should have told them you wanted to take the scenic route up to the 31st floor. tee hee

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm so happy to finally see you. Great picture.

Sabra said...

Beautifully put together, Gill! Glad you enjoyed.

[And at least you were the one pushing the elevator. When we went to Myrtle Beach a couple years ago little kids were getting a thrill out of pushing every button for all the floor - took forever to get an elevator every time we needed one.]

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---you look terrific, Gill... Love that dress!!!!! Funny story about the elevator problems. OH--how I don't like being squished in the elevators...

What's the status on selling your home???

Hugs,
Betsy

Winifred said...

Nice to see you, you look lovely in that outfit. Hope you get to wear it again.

Lifts drive me mad, I hate them and can't wait to get out of them. I probably would have had the same problems you had.

Patty said...

You look very lovely for the occasion.

I hate elevators. Especially the ones that you can get on one way from one floor and get off at the back of the elevator at another floor. It doesn't take much to confuse me. LOL When we go over to a place called Samaritan North, it's a big place where they do all sorts of medical test, rehab, radiation treatments, chemo treatments and etc. You can park in front or in the back. I was always getting off at the wrong spot. I don't know if they did it for me (LOL) or others were also confused, they named the parking lot on the button you need to push. Works for me. LOL But I still don't like the elevators that open at either side.

Now tell the others that wouldn't let you post their photos, they're big chickens. You look great. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photo of yourself. You looked very nice! :-) That story about the elevator was too funny! I laughed out loud at that one. It sounds like something I would do.
:-D

ChaChaneen said...

OH my stars Gil, this is hilarious! And when you said.... At least my wobbly bits didn't wobble... I just lost it! I love it! Can I claim it and use the phrase too? ha ha ha Funny, funny memories you made at the hotel!

Have a great day!

ChaChaneen said...

And.... you look lovely in your gown!! Just beautiful!

Decadent Housewife said...

Glad you survived the elevator! Love your story and very pretty gown.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I agree with the others Gill - it's good to meet you face to face! Your dress was the perfect choice and you looked lovely. Hope you had a great time.

Great elevator story - just the sort of thing I would do! A x

DeniseinVA said...

I thought your post was extremely funny Gill and I thought you looked lovely in your outfit. I also enjoyed your previous post about the event. You're going to have a lot of good memories from that weekend, funny ones too.

Jess said...

Definitelyone of my blonde stories....but you look lovely!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...