Wednesday, August 20, 2008

50 + 1 things to do with carrots.

Another in the series of 50 + 1 recipes. I haven't tried all these recipes, but I wanted to put a few recipes together in one place, so its easy for you to find.

1. Of course is my favourite Carrot Soup

2. Then of course Zucchini Carrot Muffins

3. Carrot Cake -

4. Carrot Loaf

5. Peanut Butter Carrot Cookies - I think I may try these they sound interesting - Gill

6. Carrot Salad

7. Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots

8. Carrot Casserole

9. Sweet and Sour Carrots

10. Crockpot Carrot Pudding

11. Carrots au Gratin

12. Carrot Raisin Salad

13. Carrot Bread with Pecans

14. Applesauce Carrot Cake

15.Glazed Carrots with Onions

16. Spiced Carrots

17. Carrot Souffle

18. Carrot and turnip/rutabaga, cook equal quantities of both veggies, mash add a little butter, and salt and pepper...yum, yum......

19. Lentil and Carrot Salad

20. Carrot Cake Muffins With Cream Cheese Icing and Carrot

21. Carrot Carrot Honey Cake

22. Carrot Marmalade

23. Carrot Croquettes

24. Carrot Cookies

25.Date and Carrot Puddings

26. Carrot Raita

27. Carrot Noodles

28. Carrot Brownies

29. Carrot Coleslaw

30. Lamb, Redcurrant, Carrot and Rosemary Cobbler

31. Beef Stir Fry with Crispy Carrots

32. Rice Paper and Carrot Rolls

33. Baked Chicken with Lemony Carrots and Garlic Potatoes

34. Carrot, Paneer and Pea Curry

35. Carrots Roasted With Parsnip, Celeriac, Lemon & Coriander

36. Carrot Christmas Pudding

37. Pan Fried Turkey with Carrots, Lime, Ginger and Coriander

38. Apricot and Carrot Loaf

39. Carrot and Spinach Slice

40. Aussie Carrot Cake

41. Mild Curried Pumpkin, Potato and Carrot Soup

42. Curried Carrot Soup

43. Marinated Diakon and Carrot Salad

44. Carrot and muesli mini muffins - you could maybe use granola instead of the museli?

45. Carrot and Kale Soup

46. Carrot and Leek Bhaji

47. Carrot Ice Cream with Pistachios Recipe

48. Carrot Pickles

49. Carrot Banana Cake

50. Pecan Crusted Salmon with Ginger Carrots

51. Mashed Potatoes with Carrots & Carmelized Onions

Must say, there are some neat looking recipes that I really want to try there.

Next week its cabbage...........

17 comments:

Ginnie said...

Good grief didn't know you could do so much with a carrot. We have just picked some from our garden.... may have to give some of these recipes a go - although carrot cake is still one of my favs!!

Kimmie said...

Hi...

Wow, I certainly couldn't come up with 50 carrot recipes.

A long time ago I had some carrot soup...it was so yummy. I think I will give yours a go...as it is first in line.

Thanks again...nice to meet you (I came over from Kate's )

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
I love these post. I love to cook and always looking for new recipes.THanks for taking time to post these !:o)
Have a busy cooking day ahead of me.
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

please sir said...

Carrot ice cream? Hmmm....I wonder how that would taste!

DeniseinVA said...

Wow, every time I see your list of recipes I get real happy. Can't wait to try a few of these out. The carrot is such a versatile little vegetable isn't it? Thanks for taking the time to put them all together.

AmyK said...

Funny you should post this now. I was just thinking, "I wonder what I could do with all of those carrots left in the fridge...?"
And now I know.
What a list!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am glad you found this interesting, I have just made the carrot cake and the recipe is all on a post for tomorrow, so please check back as it is yummy, especially the icing.

Gill

Nancy said...

Oh, your recipes are great!!! I just printed off some of them!!! Anxious to make your carrot soup now!!! Can't wait!!!

I have a recipe for marinated carrots that my family loves. It's a cold dish so great during the summer.

Looking forward to cabbage next week!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!! I'd like to print them all off later on. Yum-Yum!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Sandi McBride said...

I love carrot and raison salad (and always add pineapple to mine, lol) and carrot cake...and whats a pot roast without a couple of pounds of carrots in them??? Great great post!
Wonderful links...I'll be busy all week!
hugs
Sandi

Kimmie said...

Hi Gill:
(do you pronouce this like Jill or with a hard G sound?)

I answered your adoption timeline question over at my blog.

bottom line...soon ;-)God willing.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

mommyknows said...

Wow that is quite the list. My Grandma made carrot and beet cake. MMMM ... was it good. I think I will try to hunt down the recipe and make one.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a list. I am still trying to figure out if you are a British Woman named Gill who lives in my area. Keyword: Nestor
Maryxo

robin laws said...

i had to smile when i saw this title....my husband is sitting here next to me and giving me the evil eye..he hates carrots :)

on another note...i am leaving for chicago on friday to celebrate my grand daughter's first birthday and that carrot cake recipe would be quite handy for the more adult taste buds. i'll check back in the morning!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

And I put carrot in my Christmas puddings. (sorry to bring Christmas up so early). A x

Taste Buddies said...

Thanks for putting this fantastic list together and for including my carrot & kale soup. Much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Soup!
I used College Inn, Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Broth, and some honey.
It has a kick of heat!!!

Stephanie said...

Awesome Soup!
I used College Inn, Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Broth, and some honey.
It has a kick of heat!!!
Stephanie
gereluks@gmail.com

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...